Admissions process and deadlines
Please note that the timelines, procedure, as well as eligibility criteria may be changed. Relevant details are published at the beginning of application period.
*The exact dates and timelines are published after the beginning of application period and can be changed, which candidates are notified by e-mail.
|September – October||Application period|
|November||Video interview (Online)|
|January||Final Selection Days / Steps|
|February – March||Candidates Financial Assessment|
|April||Candidates Nomination to UWC Colleges|
Completing the online application form
The application form must be completed in English. Please note that certain tasks of the application must be completed not only by the applicant, by their parents, but also their teacher and someone who knows the applicant very well in extracurricular activities.
Documents required to complete the application (the translation of the documents is not required unless not specified otherwise).
- Scanned copy of applicant’s passport (the main page with photo) or ID or Birth certificate
- Scanned copy of academic transcript for the last complete academic year (10 grade students can use the certificate of General Secondary Education).
- A scanned copy of the completed and signed Consent to Personal Data processing.
- Scanned copy of your own photo.
The application consists of following tasks:
Tasks ‘’Personal information’’ and ‘’Contact Information’’ must be completed by the applicant. These sections help UWC understand how the applicant thinks and why, if they are right for UWC and if UWC is right for them.
In the ‘’Academic Information’’ task, a signed and stamped copy of applicant academic record, including grades from applicant most recent academic year, is added (10th grade students may attach a copy of their grade 9 graduation certificate).
‘’Core Application Information’’ includes answering questions and writing short essays from 50 to 400 words. If there are achievements in the last three years, document/s - confirmation (award, diploma, certificate) is added.
‘’Parent(s) / Guardian(s) Information and Authorization’’ is needed to confirm that they support of applicant decision to apply for a place at UWC and that applicant have understood all conditions for applying to UWC. This task is to be completed by Parent(s) / Guardian(s).
An application will be considered complete and subject to review only with all the tasks marked as completed. All the technical instructions on how to complete those tasks will be provided on the application platform.
Testing implicates assessment of your abilities to analyze information and solve different types of problems. No preliminary preparation is needed.
Upon the results of the applications assessment and online testing the successful candidates are invited to participate in a video interview.
Additional Information (College Preference, Recommendations)
- ‘’Community Reference’’ must be completed by someone who can provide a community reference for the applicant. It should not be a teacher, a family member or a friend, but someone who knows the applicant well outside the classroom and is older than 18 years of age. Examples of relevant persons to ask are sports coaches (outside school) or the applicant’s supervisor if the applicant is currently employed or does volunteer work.
- ‘’School Reference’’ should be completed by a teacher who knows applicant well.
You are able to rank the UWC colleges which you would like to attend the most (1 – most preferable, 18 – least preferable).
Please note that you will apply to the United World College movement, and NOT to specific colleges, so if you are successful, you will be allocated to the College that the Selection Committee believes suits your needs best. The list of colleges will simply be a chance for you to express your preference.
Final Selection Day
According to the results of the video interview, candidates are invited for the Final Selection Day, which is held in Tashkent. The Final Selection Day consists of the individual and group tasks conducted in Uzbek, Russian and English. If you are invited to the Final Selection Day, attendance is mandatory.
Due to the fact that all the scholarships / grants for attending UWC are needs-based, all selected (nominated) candidates complete a financial assessment form that allows to decide on the amount of the scholarship to be provided. More about the grant allocation procedure.
Distribution of places in the colleges
The Selection Committee nominates successful candidates to enrol in a particular UWC college, while taking into consideration candidates’ preferences indicated in the Application Form. The distribution of candidates depends on the availability of places in each college and the applicant's rating score at the Final Selection Day. There is no possibility to change the college you have been offered to be nominated to. Colleges reserve the right to make the final decision concerning each individual candidate.
- Candidates apply to the UWC Selection Committee, not to any particular college. If you are interested in enroling in a particular college, you must apply through the UWC Global Selection Programme and undertake to pay the full fee for the UWC school or college.
- Candidates may apply via only one Selection Committee (including UWC Global Selection Programme). You may apply next year if your situation meets the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates with disabilities are also eligible to apply.
- All information about candidates is confidential and not subject to disclosure.